Places of Interest
- Fishing, sailing (and bike hire), walking or fishing at nearby Bewl Water.
- Spectacular coastal walking at Hastings and good local pub walks.
- ‘Go Ape’ tree adventure and cycle hire at nearby Bedgebury.
- Bird watching, kite-surfing and sandy beaches at Camber Sands and Romney Marsh.
- Lovely walks in the Weald include the nearby Sussex Border Path and the Weald Landscape Trail.
- Hawkhurst Fish Farm – lovely lakes and perfect for every sort of fishing with a large cafe in the grounds.
- Golfing – Hawkhurst and Dale Hill golf clubs are both very close by.
The green room in the pavilion has a king-size double bed or twin beds with ensuite bathroom and en-suite shower, toilet and washbasin.
The blue room is ideal family accommodation with matching twin beds and a 3rd bed with ensuite bathroom.
The pavilion is ideal family accommodation following the addition of a second room, with matching twin beds.
Three further bedrooms are available in the main house at Well Cottage. The first double room has en-suite facilities (shower toilet and wash basin).
The other-other double room has a private bathroom (bath, shower, toilet and wash basin) just along the hallway.
The third bedroom is a single or twin room also using the private bathroom . All of the rooms have comfortable seating with a TV with Freeview channels. There is free WIFI internet access for guests at Well Cottage
Other standard equipment in all bedrooms – radio, hairdryer and facilities for making hot drinks. In the garden there is a heated swimming pool, where guests can enjoy a swim during the summer months.
- Fresh fruit, fruit juices, cereals and yogurts.
- Local free range eggs, sausages, bacon tomato and mushrooms.
- Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
- Delicious bread or toast from the local bakery and a choice of freshly brewed teas and coffee.
Vegetarian and Continental breakfasts are available on request.
For guests in the Pavilion who want a long lie in, a Continental breakfast can be served on the verandah.
Places For Other Meals
- The Great House, Hawkhurst – 01580 753119 – a smart pub with excellent food.
- The Oak and Ivy Inn, Hawkhurst – 01580 753293 – friendly pub serving traditional pub fare.
- Queens Arms Hotel, Hawkhurst – 01580 753577 – in the centre with traditional bar and food.
- Salehurst Halt, Robertsbridge – 01580 880620 – traditional country pub.
- Apicius Restaurant in Cranbrook – 01580 714666 – Michelin starred.
- Curlew Restaurant, near Bodiam – 01580 861394 – Michelin starred.
- Zan Chinese Restaurant in Hawkhurst – 01580 752424 – Great value set meals and more.
- The Bell at Ticehurst – 01580 200234 – newly refurbished period pub with good food.
This renowned garden was designed in the 1930s by Vita Sackville-West. Its most famous feature is of course the White Garden, but there is much to see and enjoy at Sissinghurst. There is a good restaurant and picnicking is also allowed on the lawns. Sissinghurst is a ‘must see’ garden for any enthusiast.
Christopher Lloyd’s distinctive and unique garden (and lovely house) is rated as one of the best that you can visit in Kent.
Pashley Manor Gardens
As well as the lovely gardens, at Pashley Manor you will find a beautiful collection of sculptures and an excellent coffee shop – all combining to make it a worthwhile trip and only a few minutes drive away from Hawkhurst Bed & Breakfast near Hawkhurst. King John’s Lodge Nursery and tearoom in a lovely tranquil garden.
Scotney Castle Garden
A garden not to be missed with a romantic and ruined castle and moat, lovely woods and parkland to walk in.
A peaceful walled garden planted with traditional shrubs and roses, with ponds, a stream and woodland to explore.
A beautiful informal spring garden with a wonderful display of bluebells, snowdrops and other flowering shrubs.
The National Pinetum at Bedgebury is home to the largest conifer collection in the world. This is a lovely and tranquil place for walking and exploring at your leisure, at any time of year.
Prices For Our Accomodation
- Double bedroom with ensuite £85
- Double bedroom with private bathroom £75
- Twin bedroom with private bathroom £75
- Single bedroom with private bathroom £50
- Family bedroom with ensuite from £110
- Please contact us for longer stays , special offers and any special requirements.
Historical Sites near Hawkhurst in the heart of Kent
At Royal Tunbridge Wells, famous landmarks such as The Pantiles are popular attractions.
You can visit the museum of musical instruments at Finchcocks, or Hastings – with its arty and attractive old town, fishing boats on the beach and wonderful cliff top walks. Another great place for walks is The Weald, where the well-marked footpaths include some that lead directly from Well Cottage Bed and Breakfast, including the Sussex Border Path.
Rye, an historic ‘Cinque Port’, Winchelsea or Romney Marsh are popular places to go, Romney being home to a wide range of birdlife, a collection of unique churches, a miniature railway, and a Military Canal.
For more information please see:
- Royal Tunbridge Wells
- Saint Leonards-on-sea